We’ve all been there before. Test time comes around and you’re stressed. Going to a different school and you’re stressed. Parents arguing and you’re stressed. Stress is just one of those things that happen in life that you wish didn’t happen. So, how do we deal with it? There are many things that we can do to help us deal with stress. Here is a list of helpful techniques to help you calm down during stressful times:
- go to a quiet room in the house and read or draw
- talk to someone you trust about it
- use guided imagery; this means to think of other things that’ll take your mind off of whatever it is you’re dealing with (think happy thoughts)
- take some time out to relax
- watch t.v.
- play with your siblings, relatives, friends
There are plenty of other things that you can do to help you deal with stress, so choose whichever method works best for you. There are times when the stress can be just too much for you to handle. If this is the case, speak to a teacher at school or your school’s guidance counselor. They might be able to guide you and help you through the situation. Have you been under stress before? How did you deal with it? Let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear from you!